Clinical Pathology Services
Call Client Services 804-828-PATH (828-7284); 1-800-363-9234
The Division of Clinical Pathology offers a complete range of laboratory testing services. Our laboratories are equipped to provide the highest level of support to health care providers through leading-edge technologies, quality assurance measurements, and laboratory management programs.
CDC lipid standardization is implemented in all labs. Also, we offer testing and services in:
- Clinical Chemistry - staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, offers highly automated testing that makes most results available around the clock.
- Coagulation/Hemostasis - offers expert testing in the diagnosis of coagulation diseases.
- Hematology - staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, offers expert interpretations of peripheral blood, bone marrow specimens, and lymph node biopsies.
- Microbiology/Immunology - staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it provides full testing services in bacteriology, antimicrobial susceptibility testing, mycobacteriology, mycology, parasitology, clinical virology, flow cytometry, infectious and autoimmune disease serology.
- Toxicology - only clinical laboratory providing clinical and forensic toxicology services at VCU Health System.
- Transfusion Medicine - supports a busy, level one trauma center, as well as active liver, cardiac, pediatric cardiac, neonatal, bone marrow transplant and hematology/oncology programs; as well as an onsite Apheresis Unit which provides therapeutic apheresis and peripheral blood stem cell collection.
The Clinical Pathology Receiving area is located on the MCV campus in the Clinical Support Center (CSC), 403 N. 13th Street, 6th floor Room 643.