Call Client Services 804-828-PATH (828-7284); 1-800-363-9234
Dermatopathology Services offers expert skin biopsy interpretation and consultation in the diagnosis of inflammatory and neoplastic diseases of skin. We routinely utilize light microscopy, immunohistochemistry, and immunofluorescence. In collaboration with Molecular Diagnostics Services, we also employ targeted genetic sequencing and other molecular studies, particularly in the field of melanoma care.
- Routine evaluation of hematoxlyn and eosin stained histologic slides
- Histochemical special stains and immunohistochemistry, when necessary
- Direct immunofluorescence utilizing a full battery of fluorescein-tagged antibodies (IgA, IgG, IgM, C3, fibrinogen)
- Dermatopathology requisition forms
- Formalin-filled containers will be supplied upon request for routine tissue samples.
- Immunofluorescence transport medium (Michel's medium) for immunofluoresence studies will be supplied upon request.
A dermatopathology requisition form with clinical history and a differential diagnosis must accompany the specimen(s). Please include the ICD10 code.
Please contact Client Services 804-828-PATH (828-7284); 1-800-363-9234 for assistance with the requisition form and detailed information about transportation & specimen handling.
The Anatomic Pathology Receiving area is located at the MCV campus in the Gateway Building, 1200 E. Marshall Street, 6th floor.
For further inquiry contact Anatomic Pathology at (804) 828-9739.
Dermatopathology Consultative Services
Our services are provided by a board-certified pathologist with additional subspecialty board certification in Dermatopathology. Dr. Mochel specializes in clinicopathologic correlation to provide optimal interpretation of each patient's biopsy