The VCU Department of Pathology uses the Standardized Pathology Fellowship Application Form for most of its programs, which can be found on the CAP website. Application forms and information about the Forensic Pathology program are available at the OCME website. Applications will be accepted starting July 1st, twenty-four months prior to the start date of the program academic year, and positions will remain open until filled.
Completed applications should be submitted, along with the following additional required documents:
- A one-page personal statement discussing your interest in pathology and your career goals.
- A complete and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV). Be sure to include research and publications information.
- Acknowledgement that three letters of recommendation (which are on letterhead and have been signed) from attending pathologists are to be sent directly to the program coordinator. One letter must come from the director of the applicants residency program.
- A photocopy of your citizenship papers or a photocopy of both sides of your permanent resident card, if you are a naturalized citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
- A copy of their USMLE/COMLEX transcript confirming that you’ve passed Step/Level 3 of that exam. All applicants for fellowship positions must have passed Step 3 of USMLE or COMLEX.
- A copy of your transcript from medical school.
- If you are accepted into our program and are not a permanent resident or citizen of the United States, please know that you will be required to obtain a J-1 Clinical visa.
- You will also be required to provide original or notarized copies of your transcript and ECFMG certificate.
Application materials should be emailed to Senior Program Coordinator listed below and program director:
Pamela Adams-Lewis, MBA, HSA, EdD
Senior Graduate Medical Education Program Coordinator
Department of Pathology