Fellowship Program Application Materials
The VCU Department of Pathology uses the Standardized Pathology Fellowship Application Form, which can be found on the CAP website. Application forms and information about the Forensic Pathology program are available at the OCME website.
Completed applications should be sent to the program coordinator, along with the following additional required documents:
- Prepare a one-page personal statement discussing your interest in pathology and your career goals.
- Send a complete and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV). Be sure to include research and publications information.
- Request three letters of recommendation (which are on letterhead and have been signed) from attending pathologists, to be sent directly to the program coordinator. One letter must come from the director of the applicants residency program.
- If you are a naturalized citizen or a permanent resident of the United States, send a photocopy of your citizenship papers or a photocopy of both sides of your permanent resident card.
- If you are accepted into our program and are not a permanent resident or citizen of the United States, you will be required to obtain a J-1 Clinical visa.
- All applicants for fellowship positions must have passed Step 3 of USMLE or COMLEX.
Application materials should be emailed to both:
Pamela Adams-Lewis, MBA, HSA, EdD
Senior Graduate Medical Education Program Coordinator
Department of Pathology